More about CBD (Cannabidiol)
What is CBD and how does it work?
Cannabinoids are the name of the compounds found in the cannabis plant. There are over 110 different cannabinoids. Cannabidiol (CBD) and Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) are those two cannabinoids with the highest concentrations, and therefore the most recognized and studied.
There are many different varieties of cannabis in the world, but what makes a plant hemp or marijuana depends on how much THC a plant has in its genetics. The levels tend to vary between different varieties. If a plant has a THC content not exceeding 0.2%, it is classified as industrial hemp and is therefore legal to cultivate in the EU by certified farmers. If a plant has a THC content above 0.2% it is classified as marijuana and is illegal in most countries.
CBD, or cannabidiol, is quickly changing the debate surrounding the use of marijuana as a medicine. Most people have heard of a chemical called THC, which is the ingredient in marijuana that gets users high. Recently, attention has shifted to another compound in marijuana called CBD — and for good reason. While doctors cannot seem to look past certain side effects of THC, CBD does not appear to present that problem. On the other hand, evidence of CBD’s medical benefits continues to grow.
Here are five facts that you should know about this unique compound:
- CBD is a key ingredient in cannabis
CBD is one of over 60 compounds found in cannabis that belong to a class of molecules called cannabinoids. Of these compounds, CBD and THC are usually present in the highest concentrations, and are therefore the most recognized and studied. CBD and THC levels tend to vary among different plants. Marijuana grown for recreational purposes often contains more THC than CBD.
However, by using selective breeding techniques, cannabis breeders have managed to create varieties with high levels of CBD and next to zero levels of THC. These strains are rare but have become more popular in recent years.
- CBD is non-psychoactive
Unlike THC, CBD does not cause a high. While this makes CBD a poor choice for recreational users, it gives the chemical a significant advantage as a medicine, since health professionals prefer treatments with minimal side effects.
CBD is non-psychoactive because it does not act on the same pathways as THC. These pathways, called CB1 receptors, are highly concentrated in the brain and are responsible for the mind-altering effects of THC.
- CBD has a wide range of medical benefits
Although CBD and THC act on different pathways of the body, they seem to have many of the same medical benefits. According to many studies, CBD can help you with:
Cannabidiol combats tumor and cancer cells
Cannabidiol combats anxiety and depression disorders
Cannabidiol reduces inflammation and autoimmunity
Cannabidiol may protect the nervous system and helps with neuro degenerative diseases
Cannabidiol may relieve multiple sclerosis symptoms
Cannabidiol has therapeutic potential for schizophrenia
Cannabidiol may help with epileptic seizures
Cannabidiol reduces anxiety
Cannabidiol relieves pain
Cannabidiol may be beneficial in rheumatoid arthritis
Cannabidiol relieves nausea and increases appetite
Cannabidiol lowers incidence of diabetes
Cannabidiol may promote heart health
Cannabidiol may help with inflammatory bowel disease
Cannabidiol may protect against bacteria
Cannabidiol promotes bone growth
Cannabidiol reduces dyskinesia
Cannabidiol may help with insomnia
Cannabidiol may be effective for treating substance use disorders
Cannabidiol may provide treatment for acne
- 100% legal, does not contain THC
- 100 % natural CBD, obtained from the EU certified varieties of Cannabis sativa L. rich in CBD.
- Cannabis sativa L. are cultivated without the use of artificial fertilizers, harmful chemical sprays or genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
- Contains phyto cannabinoids – pure CBD 99%+, 0% THC.
- Made from organically cultivated hemp with CO2 extraction
- We have two kinds of liquids, one is full spectrum (also with terpenes, it has a strong hemp flavor per se – like similar to hemp oil, some vapers don’t like it) and other is made from pure CBD crystals (doesn’t have the hemp taste, you can feel better the natural flavourings)
- Nicotine and THC free
- Diacetyl or alcohol free
- No sweeteners added
- Vapenatura CBD E liquid can be used in ALL vaping devices and personal vaporizers
- 10ml Glass Dropper Bottle
- It contains 70% vegetable glycerin, 30% propylene glycol and natural flavourings. Free of any diacetyl.
- The absorption of CBD is very high when inhaled. This means that vaporizing CBD is the most efficient way of use, without any danger for health.
- All ingredients from our E-liquid are made within the European Union and certified according to EU standards.
- Vegan Friendly, never tested on animals.
Vapenatura CBD E liquid can be used in all vaping devices and personal vapourisers. There is no suggested quantity you can vape per day. If possible, start with a light variant and increase if needed.